It is always important to evolve yourself and keep you updated to stay in the hunt in this modern competitive world. There has been a drastic change in the safety profession. As we guys are in the same profession let us discuss to keep ourselves a head of others and stay in the float.
During initial days, the world and the people percept safety as just a profession to check the PPE. But safety is far beyond what actually people percept. Safety is a multi disciplinary in nature. Safety practitioners should have some criteria’s as listed below:
- Technical knowledge to understand the back ground of the issues.
- Legal Knowledge to apply required standards
- Analytical skills to analyze the strengths and weakness of various available options
- Communication skills to communicate with employers and employees and also to communicate safety information.
So safety officer should need to have status and competence to provide independent advice to employers and employees.
The safety officers should keep updating their qualification with to stay in the ever exciting safety field.
Nowadays safety officers need to go through NEBOSH qualification, which is accepted worldwide.
Nebosh offers different levels of courses in safety and most important among them are Nebosh IGC and IDIP.
Enhance your Safety Skills and Knowledge and Get Recognition the same with industrial safety course in India.
Nebosh is national examination board in occupational safety and health is an examination board from the UK and the certification offered by NEBOSH board is accepted by most countries in the world and it is a recognized certificate in the field of occupational Safety and Health
Examination in Nebosh IGC
- IGC 1 – Management of international Health and Safety
- IGC 2 – Controlling workplace hazard
- IGC 3 – Practical Examination
Examination in NEBOSH IDIP
- Unit IA: International Management of Health and Safety
- Unit IB: International Control of Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- Unit IC: International Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
- Unit ID: International Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
Let us discuss this two courses in detail in next session.